MATERNITY FITTING GUIDE
At Cup Cakes Lingerie, we know that a well fitting, supportive bra is important at any time in your life, but for pregnant and nursing women it is absolutely essential to your well being. During pregnancy your rib cage expands and your cup on average will increase by between two and four sizes. We recommend that you be fitted for a maternity bra by a trained bra fitter in your fourth month of pregnancy.
Cup Cakes Lingerie offers a free personalised maternity bra fitting service. In order to fit our customers we don’t use a measuring tape, because this method is too simplistic to allow for every woman’s shape. Our trained staff will assess how your current bra fits you and then adjust the size as necessary.
At the fourth month, your maternity bra should be fit on the tightest back clasp, to allow for expansion of your rib cage during your pregnancy. You should be then refitted for your nursing bras one month prior to your due date. At this point your bras should be fit on the loosest clasp as your rib cage will shrink after the birth.
If, however, dropping in to us for a professional fitting isn’t possible for you, follow our simple steps or view our guide by Cake Lingerie to find your perfect fit:
- Breasts can be tender during pregnancy/nursing and the soft structure and excellent support of the maternity and nursing bras selected by Cup Cakes Lingerie ensures a comfortable fit
- Ensure the health of your breasts during maternity/nursing. It is important that your maternity and nursing bras don’t put pressure on your milk ducts as this can lead to blocked ducts and infection. But that doesn’t mean you have to opt for a non-underwired bra, for those who prefer an under-wired cup, Cup Cakes Lingerie also offers a range of flexiwire maternity and nursing bras which are designed to offer the support of a wire without placing pressure on the milk ducts
- Improves your posture
- Enhances your silhouette
- Take a dress size off your appearance if you reduce your band size
- Reduces risk of back problems
- Strengthens the coopers ligaments in your breast tissue