Privacy Statement of Cup Cakes Lingerie
Cup Cakes Lingerie is committed to protecting your personal information. We will not sell or distribute any of your personal information to third parties. Cup Cakes Lingerie will only use the information collected for billing and delivery.
For those of you who opt-in to our mailing list we will send you regular up-dates on products and promotions available to you in-store and/or online. All direct marketing is on a strictly opt-in basis and if at any time you wish to edit your details or unsubscribe from our mailing list, you can do so via our website.
- * Contact information, such as name, address and telephone number,
- * Online contact information, such as your email address,
- * Purchase information, such as credit card details,
- * Other personal information such as size if you are buying something from us,
- * Navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the website, duration of your visit, products you viewed or searched for, items in your basket, at which stage you abandoned your basket,
- * Information from cookies or web beacons.
Cup Cakes obtains information from you in three ways:
- * Either by you typing your personal details in,
- * By the automatic collection of information about you as you use the website,
- * or from third parties.
If you wish to place an order we will ask you to key in your contact and financial information as you proceed through the stages of making a purchase, in order to process and deliver your order. Similarly, if you wish to receive email alerts, we will ask you to enter your name and email address.
You can find out more about this type of technology through your Internet browser. For example:
• if you use Internet Explorer click ‘Help’ on the toolbar then search on ‘Cookies’ in the box which appears
• If you use Safari click ‘Safari’ then ‘Preferences’ then ‘Security’. You can then click ‘Help’ to learn more about cookies and the options your browser gives you.
• If you use Mozilla Firefox you can find out more here
The system may also use web beacons, which are similar but not identical to cookies in the way they operate. You can find out more about web beacons on Wikipedia here.
If you are only browsing our website and have not logged in, we will not ask you to key in any personal information, but certain information – including computer and connection information, browser type and version, operating system and platform details, the time of accessing the website – is automatically collected about you. The same information will be collected every time you access our website for purposes of completion and support of the activity you are carrying out, anonymous user analysis and research and development.
As we explained above, every time your web browser accesses our website, we automatically receive and store certain information about you, by placing a cookie on your computer.
Two types of cookies are used on our website
1. Session cookies (which remain in the cookie file of your browser only so long as you are accessing the website) are used
:• to allow you to carry information from one page of our website to another without having to re-enter information,
• to allow you to maintain a shopping basket during each visit that you make to the site, and within registration or login mode, to allow you to access stored information.2. Persistent cookies (which remain in the cookie file of your browser for a longer period and store some basic information) help us to identify if you have visited our website previously using the same computer, and if so enable our website to remember the personal information you provided, keep track of the number of visits that you make to our website, where you browse and what you have purchased, and offer you tailored content, even though you may not have logged on.
If you log in, then in addition to the information above, we will be able to associate your log in with your billing addresses, delivery addresses and your payment details.
As part of our policy to protect against the fraudulent use of credit cards, we carry out security checks on orders. These can take various forms, and may involve contacting you by telephone before your order is processed. From time to time it may be necessary for us to ask you to provide a copy of a recent statement header for the card being used on your order. Please note that we are only interested in confirming information already provided on your order, i.e. the billing name and address and card issuer details, and do not need to see actual transactions, which can be covered up. If you have any concerns regarding security, please let us know. We hope you appreciate that these measures are a necessary precaution, undertaken in the interests of fraud prevention.
Occasionally our site is blocked by a firewall. If you are using a personal firewall stopping and restarting the firewall may fix the problem. If it is a corporate firewall you may wish to contact your organisation’s IT department.
If you are a new customer, you can create an account by going to the My Account page. If you can't remember your password, go to the My Account page, enter your email address, click on 'Forgotten your password?' and it will be automatically emailed to you. For security reasons, our Customer Service team cannot see your password, so are unable to confirm it for you.
Once you have completed your purchase and to ensure all confidential information is removed, we recommend that you close all browsers.